Thursday, January 14, 2010

Zuda man now, dawg!

Get it? It's like "You're the man now, dawg?" only on the Zuda tip...

Awwwww, yeah.

Anyway, my first Zuda project is coming along nicely. The script is finished and in the hands of the artist. Still not naming any names right now, but I'll be sure to do that once he gets back to me with layouts for the 8-pager so I can show them off. Should be any day now. It'll probably be in the Zuda post for next week, so stay tuned for that. The benevolent Dario Carrasco read the script and said he enjoyed it. My goal was to infuse it with as much action and humor as possible, and according to Dario I accomplished that goal with flying colors. So that was nice to hear.

In fact, I'd wager that if you enjoyed reading "The Thunderchickens", a Zuda admission I pimped a post ago, you'll most likely enjoy my offering as well. Of course, this is all predicated on the chances that the Zuda brass even accept our submission, but the fact that "The Thunderchickens" made it in and is receiving such a positive response is encouraging.

Two other quick notes. My first "One Word" script is coming along nicely and I'm hoping to post it up tomorrow at some point. I think the plan from this point forward will be to access oneword.com on Monday and write the script throughout the week to post up on Friday. This week I believe I got the word on Tuesday, and it was a challenging word to write a script about, to say the least. But I'll talk more about that tomorrow.

And as a final note, I have my first "follower" of the new year. So let me take a moment to pass on a warm and hearty greeting to mansloth! Thanks for reading the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment