Friday, January 8, 2010

It's a Zuda out there

So I'm nearly finished with the 8-page script for my first Zuda submission. The writing has gone surprisingly well, and I'm hoping to finish up with it today and have it in the hands of my artist so he can take a look at it over the weekend. The project is something I originally collaborated on with artist Dario Carrasco. Dario came up with the main characters and did a killer sketch of them, and I built the the concept, the supporting characters and the world they inhabit from his initial design. We'd tried to launch it as a webcomic once or twice in the past, but something always seemed to get in the way of that endeavor with artists dropping out, other projects creeping up, etc. Because of the project's potential as a webcomic, we both thought Zuda would be a natural evolution for it. We also finally have an artist we think we can rely on working on the project, and that makes all the difference. I'll be updating this blog with progress reports regarding the project as we continue to push forward with it, including revealing the name of the project, the concept itself, the artist attached to it, and anything else I can think of. Ideally I'd like to have it sent into the Zuda brass sometime in March, at the latest, and if it's accepted I'll probably create another blog specifically about the project where I can pimp it properly. Back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment