Monday, January 25, 2010

Zuda legit to quit

The Zuda project is moving right along. Received layouts for the first two pages from the artist, and they looked pretty good. I re-wrote the script once or twice to give the artist a little more breathing room. The format Zuda uses makes the pages about half the size of a full comic page, so I wanted to give the artist as much room as possible. Once he's finished the layouts, I'll post them up here for all to see with some character designs and things like that. I'd like to do another Zuda project if I can, but I think the best idea is to see how smoothly this one goes first.

I've been posting my "One Word" scripts up at Digital Webbing along with posting them here on the blog. My "bamboo" script got a couple of crits, which was nice, but the "pour" script hasn't as of yet. I'll be posting around 52 of these shorts, so I don't exactly expect all of them to be winners or to garner too much commentary. But it is nice to have somebody comment, whether positively or negatively, on your work. It means it's being read and having some kind of impact. I accessed oneword.com today and got my third word. It's another word that is going to be a pain in the butt to write about, but I do have a tentative idea in mind already, so at least there's that.

I'll have another DWPFF post up at some point later in the week, but there's been a lot of recent developments regarding my story that's making this journey much longer than I thought it would be when I initially undertook it. I'm still feeling optimistic about the project and my part in it, but I have to admit that it can be tough to maintain that optimism at times. But one thing I do know right now is that regardless of my optimism, writers have to write. I've been reading opinions from other, more successful, writers lately and the common theme that runs through their thoughts is that writers write. If you're not writing, you can be certain that there's somebody out there that is, and they'll be taking whatever work you'd like to do out from under you. So this year I'll be writing like gangbusters, and hoping people like what I put down on paper/screen/etc. And you can bank on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment